We wrapped up our 2nd Annual Toshikoshi Keiko around 1:30 a.m. ET. To my knowledge, we’ve held the first kendo practice in Canada two years in a row. Here’s hoping for a third 🙂
- Exploding Kittens (the card game).
- Food – lots of it – including Ryan Lee’s family’s famous Walnut Cakes
- Music – loud and long, except when it stopped during Musical Bob.
- The 2nd Annual Kendo Games for the Kawabe Cup. This year’s winner: Ryan Lee, followed by Tri, Selene, Andrea and Sherwin.
- Andrea (the newest kendoka present) making 3 out of 5 men strikes while blindfolded, beating the more experienced players.
- Toshikoshi Keiko – we started practice around 11:30 and broke for mokuso at 11:58. Temple bells rang us in for 2017. Keiko finished at 12:45 or so. This year we were fewer in number but made up for it in spirit.
All in all, we had fun, had some great keiko and got to ring in 2017 in style!
Thanks to all who came. We missed those who weren’t able to join us, but I’m already looking forward to next year.
I wish everyone a healthy, happy and prosperous 2017, with plenty of opportunities to develop your best kendo and your best selves.